No doubt you are aware of the escalating situation regarding Coronavirus and the impact this is having on businesses in the world and UK. East London Energy continues to monitor closely the situation regarding COVID-19 and its potential impact on the day-to-day operation of our services.
At present, the number of people in the UK infected by COVID-19 remains relatively low. In the event that the risk of infection increases, it is possible that more people and particularly those with underlying medical conditions will be advised to self-isolate.
We consider it would be prudent for customers to ensure East London Energy is informed if they have returned from a country or there have been any significant changes to their general health that may as a result involve self-isolation.
In the event that you or a member of your household has either decided to, or been advised by NHS 111 to self-isolate, the following arrangements will apply to ensure continuity of services to you.
- When calling the helpdesk, the customer should advise that they have decided to, or have been advised to self-isolate.
- The Helpdesk will take the call and prioritise according to severity of the issue, i.e. loss of supply of heat and hot water or Metering and Billing query.
- A member of the engineering team will call the customer to see if the issue can wait until the self-isolation period has passed, or indeed if the issue can be resolved remotely.
- In the event of loss of service, arrangement will be made at the time for temporary heating to be provided.
- Any outstanding issues shall be dealt with once the period of self-isolation has passed.
Clearly, these arrangements are in place for those who are self-isolating and not unwell, and in the event that there are mild symptoms we would urge you to make contact with NHS 111 and follow the advice provided.