Vulnerable Customer Register
We aim to provide the best possible service in a way which is easily accessible to all customers. Particularly, we support vulnerable customers. Below there are some of the ways we can offer support to vulnerable customers:
- Keep a Vulnerable Customer Register. The following situations may give rise to Vulnerability, for example:
- Low income
- Severe financial insecurity
- Record changes in your status;
- Allow vulnerable customers to nominate a third party to manage their billing/payment and all contact with East London Energy;
- Offer the option to select a password which all East London Energy agents must use to gain access to your home for any appointments in order to provide an extra security;
- Work, where necessary, with advice agencies, support agencies and charities to offer our vulnerable customers the most suitable solutions to help with their energy debt;
The following organisations can support you with:
Heating bill payment
As a heat supplier, we ensure that customers are billed in a clear and transparent way making sure that we comply with Heat Trust Regulations. East London Energy has some useful information for customers on their website at http://www.eastlondonenergy.co.uk/understanding-your-first-bill/ explaining how your bill is calculated, what period your bill covers and how much of your bill is made up of standing charges.
Heat energy consumption
The following organisations can also offer you advice on how to save energy:
Energy Saving Advice Service – this service is provided free of charge.
Helpline: 0300 123 1234
Lines open: Monday – Friday, 8am – 8pm
Email address: email@example.com
The Citizens Advice Bureau
Citizens Advice consumer helpline: 0345 04 05 06
Textphone: 18001 03454 05 06
Lines open: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
For Energy Efficiency advice, please visit our metering and billing office located at the Kings Yard Visitors Centre on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park or visit our website at http://www.eastlondonenergy.co.uk/energy-efficiency-advice/ which helps you to reduce your energy bill and become energy efficient.
Our Customer Services department can assist you with the advice on how to manage your debt and agree with you a payment plan suitable for your needs. Please either visit us at our Visitors Centre or phone us. In addition, there are various independent advice agencies, such as:
- Citizens Advice,
- National Debtline
- Step Change,
All of which can provide an effective support in resolving your debt issue.