Priority Service Register
We aim to provide the best possible service in a way which is easily accessible to all customers. Particularly, we support customers in need of additional help. These are some of the services we can offer as additional help to customers:
- Keep a Priority Service Register of all customers who are in need of additional help, for example:
- at pensionable age
- chronically sick
- blind or partially sighted
- deaf or hard of hearing; or
- non-English speaking;
- Offer the option to select a password which all East London Energy agents must use to gain access to your home for any appointments in order to provide an extra security;
- Record changes in your status;
- Add eligible customers to the Priority Services Register and inform them of how they can nominate someone else to act on their behalf;
- Provide, upon request, a heating bill and billing information in a format that can be understood by visually and hearing impaired customers;
- Provide information about the services that are available to customers.
Additional support available:
- Nomination scheme
If you are eligible, then, upon request, we can arrange to send the heating bill and your correspondence to the person you have nominated to help to understand and pay your bill. As our customer, the responsibility for payment of the bill will remain with you.
You can download the Letter of Authority to let us know who you have nominated. Please send us the completed Letter of Authority at the address available on http://www.eastlondonenergy.co.uk/contact/.
- Password scheme/ Identity card scheme
You may also use a personal password that we will quote to you each time we visit your home. In addition to the password scheme, our agents provide an official proof of identity (all our engineers carry identity cards which includes their photograph, unique identity number and the card expiry date).
- Services for visually or hearing impaired
Upon request, we may provide a bill and billing information in your preferred format.